Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

fit page when bookmarks are clicked 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkraftchick

Technical User
Jun 15, 2011
US
I have a pretty long PDF that I'd like to stay in "Fit to page". I changed the initial view as well as the default view, but whenever I click a bookmark, it goes back to 'fit width'. I'm not sure where to go to fix this.

Check the properties of the link. You may have 'fit width' as part of the page view for that link.

Fantastic. Is there a way to edit multiple bookmarks? I tried using "Ctrl" to highlight several at a time, but the page number of the bookmark all became identical.

Old post, I know, but rather than editing each bookmark separately you can change them all in one go using the following methodology:

1) open file and display bookmarks (in Acrobat 9 in this case)
2) select all bookmarks (blue bars displayed)
3) point to any bar, right click, select 'Properties'
4) in 'Bookmark Properties' select 'Actions' then select 'Add..' (caveat: NOT EDIT or you'll wind up with all bookmarks pointing to the same page)
5) after pressing 'Add...' you'll see a 'Menu Item' pop-up, which about midway down the list has an entry for 'View>Zoom>Fit Page'. Select that and press 'OK'. Then hit 'OK' one last time and you're done.
6) check bookmarks

I found this useful after combining .pdf-s. One sidenote: if the bookmarks have sub-bookmarks they you'll have to display them all to make the change universal. Otherwise, you'll find that only those immediately visible are changed. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back