Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First time SIP trunking, would love some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucealmighty

Technical User
May 13, 2004
US
I have an IP500v1 R8.0 and using So Tel. We are not using an ip address, looks like using a username and password. Only thing I can find for support is on a 4.2, completely different. I have a customer using SIP from Veracity on 5.0 its way different too, they are using an IP address though too.
Trying to understand what So Tel sent here:
and here:

I have the SIP on line group as 6, ARS when dial '6' to hit that line group with our outbound caller ID programmed (Nsi). I get 'waiting for line'. Maybe I'm close there?
Incoming I get a fast busy, doesn't show up on status as hitting out system yet.
If anyone has had luck programming the what seems like 50 tabs on SIP trunking with So Tel and can point me in the right direction that would be awesome!
Right now I'm just guessing ;)

Unless SSA/Monitor tells you the trunk is registered calling will never work, do you have the IP routes etc setup to allow it? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back