Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First Time installation instructions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davanagere

Programmer
Feb 15, 2011
US
Hi,
I am trying to revive an older application that integrates with Opentext LiveLink. The team that developed this is not with us anymore. My problems are many fold.

I was able to locate the DB schema created for LiveLink. But could not figure out the password for admin or application user. The password value is encrypted using SHA1(one way hash).The livelink service is running, when i try to login from the admin screen with wrong password, i get the below message instead of wrong credentials message.

Livelink Error: Error logging in.
[The server could not be found on the network.]

I am stuck and i don't know how to proceed.

If someone can point me to a installation manual (documentation), i would like to re-install.

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards
Hari

check your opentext.ini file and comment out the lines dbconnection and dftconnection after making a backup of that file.Talk to your dba and see from the opentext.ini entry which database schema user it is connecting to.Not using livelink ask him to reset that schema user's password.make sure you can see the livelink tables when the dba sees it.then armed with this information re-start the livelink server.If all goes well you will get to a page where livelink code or app server is waiting to be connected to the database.At this time connect it wih new information.AFA admin.index password is considered it is not a database password it is stored on the box itself.The encryption differs between versions so the best way is to tell the forum your version of livelink and somebody may be able to give you the encrypted password of that version.I may have those from 9.5 and 9.7

If you go to the KB knowledge.opentext.com you will see documents such as cloning livelink systems.Read up on that what i am telling is coming from my experince on doing this and reading those kind of documentation.

Make sure your admin server details are correct,look it over and see if it contains good or stale info.if you delete the admin server and it has info from say a prod admin server the deletion is basically deleting the prod index(search).many times people will clone a livelink system and then they will post things like who deleted my working prod livelink search index.The document has good pointers on how to avaoid that as well.

Well, if I called the wrong number, why did you answer the phone?
James Thurber, New Yorker cartoon caption, June 5, 1937
Certified OT Developer,Livelink ECM Champion 2008,Livelink ECM Champion 2010

Hi,
Our version of LiveLink is 9.5.

I will follow your instructions and see if i can make any headway.

Thanks
Hari

Hi Appnair,
Thank you verymuch for your instruction. I followed to them to the word and now i am able to access livelink and continue to work towards reviving out application.

Thanks again,
Hari

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back