Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First Impression Review of VoiceBootcamp's CCIE Voice Study Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Impression Review of VoiceBootcamp's CCIE Voice Study Guide

I have recently purchased a copy of VoiceBootcamp's CCIE Voice Study Guide (329 pages) as part of their CCIE Voice bundle and have run through the study guide a couple times. As a Technical Trainer for a Telco, I looked at the material from both a user's and an instructor's perspective. Initially developed as the adjuct to their 5 day boot camp, the 14 sections are grouped by the day they are covered in the bootcamp.

The 14 sections are;
- Infrastructure
- Unified Communication Manager 7 Implementation
- Basic Unified Communication Express 7.0
- Voice Gateway - H323/SIP/MGCP/SIP Trunking/IP to IP Gateway/GK
- Dial Plan - Call Routing/Hunt Group/CTI RP/Transformation Mask
- Dial Plan Feature - Intercom, Call park, Directed Call park, SIP Dial Rule
- Media Resources - Moh, Conference, Transcoding, Mobile Voice access, ANN
- SRST with CallManager Express, AAR, CAC/RSVP
- Integration with Unity Connection 7.0, Advanced Unity Connection Configuration
- Integration with Unity Express 7.0
- Integration with Unified Contact Center Express / Advanced Scripting
- Integration with Cisco Unified Presence, Advanced Unified Presence & Microsoft OCS integration
- UC Application - IPMA, EM , Mobility, Single Number Reach, Mobile Access
QoS

The study guide starts with the requisite topology diagram for the network to be used for the bootcamp. The sections include key slides from the bootcamp and additional comments and diagrams as necessary. The embedded slides are very well done aesthetically. They are content-rich, contain a mix of topology diagrams, annotated IOS, and annotated screen shots. The additional comments are bulleted and to the point.

As for knowledge required to follow the workbook, I have a CCNA as well as a CCNA Voice, and have no difficulty following the material. There are some grammatical issues, as English is the author's second language, but it is readable and doesn't detract from the richness of the content. All-in-all I found it a very useful preparatory read prior to hitting the rack.

It sells for $449 stand-alone or comes free with the CCIE Voice bootcamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back