Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First Attempt SQL Backend and MS Access Front End

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw134

Technical User
Dec 6, 2019
AU
Hi

New to this forum, so if I posted in the wrong place please relocate.

I have a backend hosted online I am connecting to via dsn file. Not worried about exposing passwords etc to users at this stage not part of this discussion please.

I have sped the form load times up by restricting records returned on loading to the first five records, however it is then seeming to take a very long time to search...I am using
Code:
strSQL = "SELECT dbo_Clients.Clientid, dbo_Clients.AccountContact, dbo_Clients.AccountEmail, dbo_Clients.Address, dbo_Clients.Name, dbo_Clients.OfficePhone, " & _
             "dbo_Clients.PostCode, dbo_Clients.ShentonAcc, dbo_Clients.Suburb " & _
             "FROM dbo_Clients " & _
             "WHERE (((dbo_Clients.Clientid)= " & Me.cboClientSearch & "));"

Me.RecordSource = strSQL

Me.Requery
Based on my limited understanding this is about as fast as I can get the query, however it is still too slow.

Is there a way I can change this to be a passthrough query?

How do you do that?

As I understand it a passthrough would be processed on the SQL Server and only send back the single record via the connection?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back