Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First and Second Level Passwords for Option 11, 25.XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTRAU

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2007
US
All,
Am interested in buying an Option 11, recently removed from service. No first or second level passwords are available for system and MM. It is to be used as a test bench, and not network connected. Additionally, is a dongle required for this system to operate properly. I believe the load to be 25.XX because it only supported 39XX phones. Thanking you in advance for help with this issue. Chris

If the system does not have its dongle its really only spare hardware.

All - Thanks for your help with the first and second level passwords question. So I'm on the right path, the dongle in the Option 11 is on the SSC card, and looks like a "watch battery"? We had an Option 81 at Reuters America, and the "dongles" I believe were orange devices that plugged into the printer port of the PC that you were using. Is this correct?

Next, if the above is true, that the "dongle" is on the SSC card, and it is inplace, who can I send the SSC card to, to retrieve the first and second level passwords? And what would the cost be, if I pay the shipping each way? Additionally, the MM password can be reset by re-loading the MM software, yes? I was told that there was also a universal password for MM systems depending on release, yes?

Anything else that can be a "gotcha" please let me know...

Keep me going in the right direction, Thanks Chris

Power the system up to see if anything works. The dongle is the watch battery thing. If there is a backup PCMCIA card in the system today, one of us can get the password from a particular file (database.rec) on that. Otherwise, you/someone will need to connect a PC (to the working system), and serial in to obtain the database.rec file.

You will need to zip the database.rec file if you send it to someone. If you connect a PC with a terminal emulation ap on it and see OVL111, then you have a working system.

The dongles you saw at Reuters were probably for Meridian Manager or TM, CDR, or some external box. The PBX runs fine without those add-on revenue generator PC aps.

Find more at GHTROUT.com

Or if it is a test system and you have a software flash card, just reload it and install the default database and then just use the default passwords.

You could just do the same for the mail as well, but if you have the itas passwords for MM you can reset passwords.

If this is a lab system, just reprogram. Most of the base configuration setup is here in the forum, plus you learn more that way.

All - First Thank you for all the helpful information that you have provided, it is greatly appreciated. For the moment, we have put the project on hold, as we are migrating to VOIP, and the NORTEL platform may not have been the best choice as a "test bench" for what we intended to try. Now strictly looking at CISCO as an alternative switch.

Again, Thanks to all who commented and provided information.

Sincerely,

C. T. Rau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back