Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

First AID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombaytelecom

Technical User
Feb 8, 2008
GB
Hi guys

i have had an idea and i want some of the smart people on here to tell me if it is possible. We have an option 61c..

We have an office (single building) with 460 staff spread over 7 floors - we have 15 first aiders but they arent always at their desk / or on the same floor.

What i would like to do is setup some sort of hunt group/ DN that would be inteligent to identify the extension number the call is originating from i.e our 1st floor numbers are 21** 2nd floor are 22** and so on... so if a call originates from a 21** number then i would like it to do either an MCR or a round robin to the first aiders on the Ground, 1st and 2nd Floors... do you know if this is possible.

or do i set up a hunt group / DN for the 1st aiders on each floor so i would have a hunt group DN that 1st aiders on the 1st floor would call that would call the Ground 1st and 2nd floors... and a seperate DN for the 2nd floor that would dial the 1st, 2nd and 3rd floor....

Meridian Option 61C
Symposium v 4.5
NICE Dictaphone Recording

Hi,

Not sure if you can do this with Symposium 4.5, but Symposium has a Call Intrinsic called CLID. Also not sure if this works for internal CLID because I never tried that. But I think it should work for internal.

You can make routing decisions depending on the callers CLID.

Code:
/* Route call depending in CLID */
WHERE CLID EQUALS
   VALUE 21@:   ROUTE CALL FirstFloorAid_gv
   VALUE 22@:   ROUTE CALL SecondFloorAid_gv
   DEFAULT:     ROUTE CALL GeneralAid_gv
END WHERE

/* We shouldn't get here, but just in case */
ROUTE CALL GeneralAid_gv

Create a special CDN (Alarm DN) that routes to the First Aid Script. Also make a dummy ACD that NCFW's to the GeneralAid DN (Just in case Symposium is down)

Marc D.

If Bill Gates had a nickel for every time Windows crashed... Oh wait, he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back