Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

firmware update 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewitz

Technical User
May 6, 2005
DE
hello i want to update my fc4500 from 2.9 to 2.10 with access logix. are the important aspects i have to watch? thx kewitz

The access logix revision starts with a 6.xx.xx Non access logix is 5.xx.xx. Just be sure to read the release notice for the revision you are installing. There may be no major benefit to upreving to 6.32.10. Probably a few bug fixes. It looks like it is at least up to 6.32.17. I would shoot for the current release.

hello right know there is no access logix on the box thats why i want to update. further how do i do it?

hello yes they have send me the cd in a package with navisphere. so i just want to know how to install the firmware the best way

I don't recall if you have Navisphere or not. If you have Navi, all you need to do is turn off write cache and then follow thru the prompts to install the software. If you're asking how to do it with fcli.. I've never done it that way, but, in the AROM menu's there is a selection for core installs.

any description how to install it from the command line?

Why do it from the CLI? As a matter of fact, you cannot easily do it that way. You would have to get it on a disk first, then use the debugger to copy it from the disk to the other disks.

Use Navisphere GUI and go into Software Installation. I can't recall the exact details (dependent on version of navisphere) but basically you select the files to download to the array, and you select the array from the discovered list, and you tell it to go. It will download it for you.

--
Bill Plein
a.k.a. squiddog
Contact me at

hello thx for your help i have done it with the cli interface just like in the old days with unix, worked fine for me thx kewitz

Oh, my mistake. I would think that you can load it, but I don't know the s00per seKrit commands to do so.

--
Bill Plein
a.k.a. squiddog
Contact me at

Kewitz,

I'm curious how you got a CD with the Access Logic and Navisphere?

I also have a FC 4500 and I'm in the same boat. I would like to upgrade to access logic and need the CD.

Can you tell me how you got EMC to help you?

Thank you,
Dave

hello i asked my supplier and he contacted emc in germany and organiced the cd, they charged my 300 euros for the cd, that was quite fair. the name is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back