Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firmware L700

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewitz

Technical User
May 6, 2005
DE
hello i am looking for the latest firmwar for a l700. i want to update from level 2.00.00. is there anything availiable on the net?

On the net? No. On the STK CRC web site? No for most user accounts.

You do need better firmware as 2.00 is rubbish and won't support the newer tape drives. The current level is something like 3.15 or thereabouts. The jump from 2.00 to the later levels is quite an involved procedure so you will deff need the pdf instructions, not just the binaries. I would get Sun to do it, or a local STK library repair business, which wont cost as much. If the latter option will let you send them the MPC card for "refurbishment" then that might be cheaper still than their CE visiting your place.

so what would be the normal price for a procedure like that, lets assume you would do it

I'm based in the UK. I can't speak for other parts of the World.

We don't do it ourselves, but these that do it in the UK / Europe would charge circa £300 - £500 for a board exchange, assuming your one worked OK when it arrived. To go from 2.00 to a high 3.xx actually involves two upgrades. They split the boot code from the functional code at 3.04 to resolve the problem of failed upgrades turning the L700 into a vegetable.

Contact Michael Ramey at Pinetree Peripherals. He can help you out with an MPC card with newer code. (303)776-5066

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back