Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firmware download for 1140e

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippowell

Technical User
Jul 13, 2006
US
Couple of questions really. What's the latest firmware I can use for 1140e's on 3.0? I currently have f/w levels: 0625C13, and 0625C1B on these 1140's. I'm guessing 1B is older. No matter what I do, I cannot configure Bluetooth on the 1B phone, but no problem on the 13. Make sense?

I know (I think) I have to download f/w to the IP phones via TFTP (I have the Pumpkin client), but - and maybe this is a dumb question - where do I get the f/w files to download? From my distributor? From Nortel?

I'm new to these IP sets, thanks for your input!

I think 0625C3C is the latest firmware for 1140e.You need to get it from Nortel's web site, you need the correct access to download it.If you have access to it download it to a pc that has access to element manager and Internet access then upload file to sig serv, reset phones and new firmware will upload to them.

You need to distribute it to the elements (including the sig server) before you reset the phones.

A 3.0 system cannot recognize the 1120E/1140E to provide it firmware via normal download. Firmware must be distributed via TFTP to 1120E/1140E on these systems.

I would upgrade to 4.5 now if you haven't already...this removes the need for patches and TFTP server to upgrade the phones firmware...Currently Nortel is shipping 5.0 software but if you order before the end of October you can still upgrade to 4.5

At the end of October (21st to be more precise), you will need to go to 5.0 which will involve a more extensive upgrade and hardware change out...talk to your provider.

Zeus: About a month ago, we requested upgrade quotes for 4.5 knowing the extent and ridiculous cost of the 5.0 upgrade. Told by our provider and Nortel the upgrade must be to 5.0 as 4.5 was a sustained release.
Where did you get the information for the Oct 21st date as a deadline for the 4.5 upgrade? Frustrating to say the least!!!!!
Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back