Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

firmware change requires rescanning 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpr

Technical User
Jan 2, 2004
US
Has anyone experienced problems with Window servers needing to have their tape drives deleted from the system and rescanned and recreated after upgrading the tape drive's firmware? If so, then what model of tape drives?

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

I have got my firmware upgraded a lot of times on 9940 drives and never had this problem.

I have only seen something like this after the serial number got changed on a drive.

/johnny

Are you using Veritas Netbackup 5.1? If so that is quite likely to happen

yes, NetBackup 5.1 MP4

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states something as certain, that does not make it a fact and that is truth.

With Netbackup 5.1 the tape drives do need to be deleted and added again, the same can happen when a tape drive is replaced. This problem went away with later versions of Netbackup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back