Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firework Multiple PopUp Menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

rabbit1029

Programmer
Apr 3, 2001
US
I export 3 different images with pop-up menu from firework to dreamweaver. But their function name is the same, so when I mouseover, it always shows up the first menu, but not the 2nd or the 3rd. Help, Help.

Another question, how can I create a popup menu of a image, and at the same time have a rollover?

I didn't understand your first question, but the second I think I can help you with.

You want the image that brings up the popup menu to do a rollover at the same time, yes? It's fairly simple. Make sure that your document has 2 frames, and change the 2nd frame to look like whatever you want the rollover image be. Go ahead and make your slices and create your popup menus ... then come back to the Behaviors palette. [For the slice that has the popup menu, you'll see a behavior with "ShowPopupMenu" as the action.] Click on the plus sign at the upper left of that palette, and choose "Simple Rollover" from the list [it's the first option]. This adds the rollover behavior to the slice as well.

The only thing I've been frustrated with is that once you roll off the original image and on to the popup menu, the original image reverts to its normal state. That is, it doesn't stay "rolled over" when you're on the resulting menu, only when you're actually on the image. I mean, this is expected behavior, there's nothing odd about it, but it'd be nice to leave the image swapped while on the menu. In fact, I've got a question of my own ... I've seen this latching rollover thing done in other menu scriptings, but has anyone figured out a way to do this in/around/through Fireworks?

Hi rabbit1029,

Did you ever solve the multiple popup menu problem?
I am having the same trouble?
Hope you fixed it and can tell me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back