Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firewire Video Camera detection is intermittent

Status
Not open for further replies.

duane123

Technical User
Jan 1, 2004
Does anyone know why both of my video cameras will no longer be recognized upon plugging into firewire and powering up? It used to work just fine. Since both cameras work the same way I concluded it is not the fault of the cameras. I had two firewire cords and so purchased a brand new expensive one today and it didn't change the operation either. I have an Asus P5B Mobo with a firewire card in a PCI slot. Win XP Home (SP2) states the firewire is working properly. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling/updating driver to no avail. The camera(s) are not recognized. I come back in the moring and it works. I am about to give up, BUT this is my video machine!!

Sounds like one of two things to me...

1. The firewire is acting up. If it is a PCI card installed into the machine, try replacing it.

2. It could be a case of corrupted firewire drivers or your operating system is acting goofy.

Enkrypted
A+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back