Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firewall with invalid (internal) IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

pambos

Technical User
Sep 8, 2000
CY
I have installed a checkpoint VPN1 firewall on an NT4.0 server which has two NIC ethernet cards. The first card is connected on the LAN interface of a dial-up ISDN router with an internal IP subnet network of 192.168.1.0. Router is on 192.168.1.5 and the NT firewall is on 192.168.1.25. The second NIC card of my NT is connected on my internal LAN with subnet network IP 192.168.2.0. The router is connected on the ISP with a static IP (valid Internet IP address). The problem is that I cannot access the firewall remotely (for VPN) (using securemote) through the static IP of the router. Should I enable NAT on the firewall or on the router? What else should I take into consideration since the firewall does not have a valid internet IP address.

Thank you very much [sig][/sig]

Well you would most likely need to enable NAT on the router because securemote requasres a path to teh managment module of the firewall wahter it's on the smae box as the firewall or not.

Good Luck,
Phant [sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back