Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

firewall synchronization under OpenBSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

orbur

Technical User
May 29, 2005
US
I am looking into setting up a failover pair of firewalls under OpenBSD and want them to be stateful. But I want to synchronize states between them so that failover can be seamless. It appears that PF can do this by using pfsync. I have seen a reference which claimed IPFILTER can do this as well using user space daemons to perform the sync, but it gave no clue as to what to use or what to do to make that work. Does anyone know a) if this is possible; b) if so, what to use for sync daemons; and c) any documentation on setting it up to actually work? The version of OpenBSD I am trying to use is 6.6 and the hosting hardware is an Intel 64 bit chip. OpenBSD runs its heart out on that machine, but this configuration has eluded me for several weeks now, Extensive web searches returned only the reference I made above, which is not TOO helpful ( but it IS hopeful ).

Thanks!!!
Orbur

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back