Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firewall software

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaTSCaN

MIS
Nov 21, 2001
CA
Our network only has a proxy server setup. Is there a good firewall program up there that is good to setup for a Call Centre environment.

Depending on how much money you have to spare, you could go for any of the following options...

Software wise, the cheap option is Wingate, it works pretty well on my small network and has some good features for the money. The Symantec enterprise firewall package is more expensive but also good.

The industrial priced choice for me would be checkpoint firewall-1. Not cheap but an acknowledged leader in the field.

If you want hardware systems, the watchguard soho range and Symantec firewall appliances are pretty good and reasonably priced too.

Hope this helps.

Peter

I use winroute pro [tinysoftware.com] it's easy to configure, had lots of functionality, and has given very few problems in the time I've used it.

Jon. ----------------------------------------
To be is to do (Sartre)
To do is to be (Casmus)
Do be do be do (Sinatra)
----------------------------------------

hi CaTSCaN

Try Microsoft ISA server 2000 i don't know the price but had congigured it once. very easy to use and kind of one time configuration. can control to the smallest details MMC interface. GOOD STUFF don't forget the patches and service pack. even gives u details on who went where in html. try out the trial version. u will need a multi home w2k for easier installation. any doubts on configuring let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back