Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox will not let me sign in to my Tesco account

Status
Not open for further replies.

moveit

Technical User
Sep 30, 2002
GB
I have accepted Firefox's latest version. I use Windows 10 32-bit. I have updated Firefox to 122.0. When I go to the Tesco site I am able to look at all the items in the store but when I go to sign into my account I get an error message oooops there seems to be a problem. I have spoken to Tesco and there is no problem their end. I have an account with Sainsbury's and I can sign into my account with them so it is just a Tesco problem. I have never come across this situation before. I am assuming it has something to do with Firefox's latest update.

I would be grateful for any help you can give and if any advice means having to search for a particular section in the browser etc. please make your directions easy to follow and treat me as an idiot in these matters. LOL Thanking you in advance.

I just tried to reproduce what you are seeing. Unlike you, I can sign into Tesco OK from Firefox, but the behaviour is slightly weird.

When the login page comes up, I can see my login name and the password placeholders as usual - inserted by the FF password manager. But after a second or two - and before I have a chance to click the "Sign in" button - these disappear. I have to enter them manually. I don't see this behaviour on any other site.

I appreciate that this doesn't help you solve the problem. It's just one more example of the hassles of updating FF to the latest version. Every time I do that, it seems to break something that was working before.

Have you tried logging into Tesco from another browser? Or on a computer with a different version of Windows?

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Hi Mike. I have tried Microsoft Edge and eventually was able to log on okay with that so it has to be to do with the last update on the Firefox. I have not altered anything to do with Firefox such as add-ons.

Moveit,

If you are still here, you might like to know that I have been seeing exactly the same behaviour as you described. I could see the home page, and I could browse the products, but I couldn't sign into my account. This was specific to Firefox; it worked OK in other browsers.

I finally found the solution: I cleared the cookies from the site. After that, the problem went away (at least, so far).

If you are still seeing the problem, give this a try.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Thanks Mike, clearing the cookies worked for me too! I'm glad you were able to provide a simpler solution. This community is great for learning from each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back