Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox / Shockwave conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

philrock

Programmer
Jan 29, 2004
US
This more of a user problem than a programming problem, but this forum appeared to be the best match to my problem.

I'm on Win 7 Pro, ver 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1). Win updates are enabled. I use Firefox52.0.1, (updates enabled), and Adobe Shockwave Flash 24.0 r0. For a few years, Firefox has been giving me messages that Shockwave is unsafe. I usually do not update Shockwave, but when I have allowed it, the problem remains. I read up on this and found that many others are having the same problem. No fix found. I, and others, just tell Firefox to ignore the warning. So that's what I do, but it's annoying, and with the number of times it happens, it's also time-consuming.

I assume there's a fix, but it has eluded me. Can anyone help with this?

Phil Rockwell

Thanks ChrisHirst - I'll give it a try.

Thanks also for the wisdom in your signature.

Along those lines - "What did one frog say to the other frog?"; - "Time sure is fun when you're having flies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back