Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumpletumpskin

Technical User
Mar 27, 2007
US
This just started today but IE still works fine which I can't understand. I have Firefox allowed in my firewall and that is all I could think to do other than reinstalling which didn't work either.

If you can't offer advice on solving my problem could you suggest another browser? What browser do you use and why?

Thanks in advance.

What happens when you try and open it? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Also have you did virus and anti spyware scans?

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

I second, e-freaks comments there... meaning, not enough info to go on...

Thinks to check though (if it runs), under FF go to Tools, then Options, then Advanced, look under Connection and hit the button Settings... there make sure that nothing but the 'Direct connection to the Internet' is ticked/checked...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

If IE is working then it is something with your firewall. Check you permissions for firefox. I use firfox and have never had any problem with it. You can also check you home page in Firefox and make sure it was not hijacked. Turn off you firewall and try Firefox if it connects that is it. If not is a FIrefox setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back