Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox library is blank and just an icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2009
AU
My Firefox in x64Win10ProV21H1 would not open the functional window that I expect after clicking on 'Show All Bookmarks'; eventually I used Revo Uninstaller to remove it, and installed Firefox v89. Since that did not fix the problem, I used Revo again to uninstall it, and also deleted all the Firefox entries that RegScanner found in the Registry. Some 10 entries resisted deletion - most related to Avast. Another re-install improved the situation in no way. Launching Firefox in Safe Mode (by holding SHIFT down)does no better. Is there a solution to this ?

This is just a guess. When you uninstalled it, did it also delete your profile? It's possible that the uninstall retained the profile, on the basis that you would want to use it again if you do a re-install.

You can check that by browsing to about:profiles. This will tell you what profiles are recognised and where they are located, along with a button for removing it. You could try deleting it - but only after you have made a backup of course. But be warned that doing so will delete all your customisations, add-ons, passwords, bookmarks, etc. (You can get round that by doing a sync to another machine that has a valid profile installed.)

As I said, I'm not sure if that would solve your problem, but it might be worth a try.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Two profiles showed, the first was indelible. However, I COULD make the second one as the default, but did not improve Bookmarks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back