Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox keeping history?

Status
Not open for further replies.

electronicsfreak

Technical User
Sep 2, 2004
US
I have recently come across something on Firefox version 10 that I am not liking. I can clear my history (with "everything" chosen in the "time range to clear", and all boxes checked), but when you start typing in a name of a site, you will see it is showing at the top. The only way I have found to permanently delete them is to highlight them one by one, while holding shift and pressing delete.

I have verified this is a firefox issue, as several people I have talked to noticed the same thing after I pointed it out.

Has anyone else noticed this? Has anyone figured out another way to clear EVERYTHING on firefox?

Thanks

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Think I figured out why it was doing that, though I am thinking I came across a glitch on firefox. I found even after I closed it, that it was still running in the background. Once I ended the process, the history clearing seemed to work again.

I am still curious if anyone else runs into this problem.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back