Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Firefox - FTP link opens FireFTP instead of downloading file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2007
US
Been using Firefox with FireFTP add-on for a couple of years now. No problems. Clicking on an FTP link to download something like a PDF from Dell (ftp://ftp.dell.com/manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e6530_reference%20guide_en-us.pdf) used to cause the file to be downloaded.

Now all of a sudden it's opening the FireFTP plugin in Firefox and showing me the directory contents. I can't figure out how to put it back. Any ideas???

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Hi

Are you sure the issue is on your side ? That link gives
550 The system cannot find the file specified.
So downloading does not seem to be and option in that case.

Feherke.
feherke.ga

That link is not working so you are correct, but my problem happens with any link.

I figured out the problem - my laptop still worked fine and the FireFTP version was 2.0.28 but the desktop version was at 2.0.31. So, I found the old version and replaced it on my desktop. Now back to normal.

When updates attack!!!!! Killed 45 minutes of my life.

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back