Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FireFox Compatibility Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainnd

Programmer
Jul 9, 2001
US
I have a banner on my website that I made in Photoshop and ImageReady. In IE, the banner looks just fine, but in FireFox, parts of the border on the bottom are 12 pixels too high. All the code is at the link above. Thanks!

-Mike

Firefox is WC3 compliant (IE isn't), to check your code go here

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Thanks for the link. I went there, and my code is valid. FireFox is still interpreting my code differently. It's happening in two ways now. One, parts of the border on the banner are not where they should be (12 pixels too high), and two, when I have <TR STYLE="height:50px;">...it's interpreting the height differently in IE vs. FireFox. FireFox is doing it the way I want it to be done, whereas IE is setting 50px at much bigger than its supposed to be. Any help, thanks.

-Mike

-Mike

Well, not being much of a web designer, all I can think of is to post a link to your site @ the Firefox forums (if you haven't done so already...

& don't let them fob you off with a "It works in Firefox, so your code is good" answer; obviously, if it's not displaying properly in IE then that's no good for you!

If you don't find an answer, try Googling for "HTML Forums" and maybe you can find someone to look at your code for you.

Good luck!

*good site for tutorials*

Moe: It could have been a real ugly situation, but luckily I managed to shoot him in the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back