Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Fire all Event

Status
Not open for further replies.

haj1503

Technical User
May 29, 2001
MY
Hi friend,

See your all again....

I need to write in my event procedure where i need to mulfunction all my event procedure when lifetime is expired

for example: let say this application have run for 1 or 2 month and then when this period expired so all event procedure in my application will mulfunction. Do your have any idea to do this. please let me know

Best Regards,

Haj1503

well, several ideas come to mind.
1. Look into placing a date into the registry, and checking it when you open the MDB
2. Add a table to your MDB that you store the date in, and then check this date when the MDB opens

After getting the date, you can either display messages saying time has expired, or you can do even more by Deleting Objects from the MDB, and display messages that you've done so, and that the MDB won't function any longer.

PaulF

Hi paulF,...

Might you explain where i can come-up date the registry, how i can do that?

your explaination too short may you elobarate to me again?

Best regards,

Haj1503

sorry, but it was short for a reason.....I've only updated the registry using an example from Inside Microsoft Acess, so I'm not sure I can fully explain it to you......I'm not at work today....and that's where the example I have is at. But I believe it uses GetSetting and SaveSetting commands..There is an example in the online Help for Access 97. Look up GetSetting using the "Find" option, and click on the Example.

PaulF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back