Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FIR 003 followed by FIR 004

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve64

Technical User
Mar 6, 2008
US
We have a cs1000MG rel7.6 current SPs and patches installed. For several months on a semi random basis we received the FIR 3 and then FIR 4 message when the clocks switched during mids. We got 2 new cards of the same release and version and installed them during a maintenance window. After then new (referb) cards were installed the FIR messages are continuously output. Avaya Support was engaged. The clocking was put into free run and the errors on the fiber cards stopped but we then had PRI/T1 errors. The system had a parallel reload done, no improvement, and all of the Fiber tests show everything is working properly. The original cards were reinstalled and now they are doing the same ting as the new cards did. This PBX has 2 fiber remotes and both are affected in the same manner. So far we have not received any out of service reports from users whose phones are on those fiber remotes. Also we have no other alarms other than the FIR 3 followed immediately by the FIR4.
Has anyone had something like this happen or does anyone have any ideas how to correct this. We are currently trying to locate new cables that go between the clock cards and the cables that connect to the fiber cards as these seem to be the only common thing and were the only hardware that was touched during card replacement other that the 2 clock cards.

I don't know why you would want to switch clocks during the midnight routine. This will almost always cause the FIJI's to hiccup. If these are the Global Clock Controllers you can FDL them

Wait a minute, those are Fiber Remote Errors, not FIJI errors

If the FIR 3 and 4 only prints when the clocks swap at the beginning of mids in ld 30 I wouldn't worry about them---it's like getting an XMI error for superloops.
I agree with KCFLHRC----swapping clocks during mids seems to cause more harm than good-----------the same with swapping CPU's.

I would take LD 30 out of midnights and leave it alone. Avaya support should know this. You don't switch clocks in an 81 with Fiji's. This will cause superloop errors and the Fiber Remote errors you are seeing.

Also double check your clock cabling between the clock controllers and the FIJI cards

I agree with the above, but my question at this point is why are the FIR3 & 4s now being output continuously since the cards were replaced and then the old cards put back? We have checked the cabling and it is correct. What is the possibility of one of the cables being defective? The connections to the Clock controllers were the only thing that was touched other that the removing and replacing the cards. A visual inspection of the back plane connectors was done to check for any possible bend pins and everything looked good.

sorry Steve---I thought you said the fir's were only when the clocks swapped at mids---not continuously. If it's continuously and there are no other issues with your T's or the other fiber than it has to be something with that circuit.There are commands in Ld 45 to test the fiber ---also try reseating and force downloading the controller.

Were the NT1P63 cards changed in conjunction with the NT1P61? Did you also change the NT1P62 in the Remote Cabinets? Did you clean the fiber during card replacement? Did anything change with the Fiber Link? You could also be getting erroneous errors if there is a defective or a system monitor assignment wrong. There are several MMI tests in the NTP for testing as well as the commands in the PBX.

All of the tests in LD 45 were done and passed without and issues. Nothing has changed on the Fiber to the 2 fiber remote shelves, both are creating the alarms but there haven't been any complaints from users or any other alarms from the shelves or any other alarms from the PBX (CS1000MG rel 7.65 SP8). The only cards that were swapped out were the 2 NTRB53 cards, both of them were the same release and version. Currently the 2 original cards are back in the system.

I see, you changed the clock controllers, I missed that. I would still double check the clock cabling between the clock controllers and the FIJI cards. Look at the pins and make sure nothing is bent. You will clock to clock connections as well as clock to FIJI connections. There is also dip switches on the clock card that should be checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back