Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Findme/Followme

Status
Not open for further replies.

7upp

Technical User
Feb 4, 2008
US
I am setting up FM/FM on a BCM 50 5.0. I have the key code installed and the cos in vm set. I have the schedule and numbers set in my mail box. I have 2 analog trunks available on the system. When I dial the phone and watch the BCM monitor, I see the system grab the analog trunk for a split second. I also checked the system errors and it shows error 47003. The resolution for this error is( Ensure no analog trunks are assigned to FM/FM resources). My question is am I missing something in my setup or can analog trunks be used to dial the destination numbers in FM/FM. Do I need a T1 for this to work?

You are correct. You cannot use analog trunks for FM/FM. They need to be some form of digital.

Keep in mind that everytime it is used by a user (assuming they have 5 external destinations), the system will use 5 trunks channels. One for each destination phone until the call is answered. Once it's answered, only the one channel stays active for the call duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back