Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding what font my letters were created using....

Status
Not open for further replies.

annarene

Programmer
Jul 7, 2008
US
Hello. The art I work with is always letters. In illustrator, if my art is still in raster format (e.g. it hasn't been vectorized using create outlines yet), I can tell what font the art has been created using; however, once the art has been vectorized, there's no way to tell that I can find.

I need to see if there's any possible way to figure out what font my art was created using once the art has been vectorized.

Thanks so much,
annarene

...it's not possible directly in illustrator to know what the font was after being outlined, unless you have a copy somewhere that maintains the font (like another layer)...

...the best option to date is to use an online font identification tool from myfonts:

...here you can upload a bitmap sample and the system will attempt to identify the font, if it fails then you have the option to post it to the forum to have a font expert look at it.

andrew

============
============

apepp: Thank you for your response. I wanted to see if this was at all possible..and sounds like it's not.

Also, I checked out the link you sent and feel that may be helpful so I'll give it a try - thanks for sending.

Thanks again,
annarene

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back