Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding unused phones in CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

robertbarrett

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2015
US
Hello,

I sort my devices by extension and take a look at which phones have no extension associated with them. I am out of CCM Licenses so when I fix a broken phone I have to go into CM and delete another broken phone. There are 500+ phones in my environment. How can I see something like a "phone last used on this date" category? I could just delete any phone without an extension but that would erase some of my phones in inventory. Any suggestions?

Why do you have phones without a DN configured? Unless you are using them for a special application or something, they are unusable phones.
Delete them and add them back in as you need them.

I guess I did not word that properly. Yes I could do that. To better phrase my problem, I have a large amount of bricked phones. How do I ensure these bricked phones are no longer in CM? (Besides manually going through each one)

Run a report. You have several options here. I would look at Unified CM Phones without lines or whatever else on the list you deem useful.

Also, if they show unregistered or unknown they are not active. Unregistered means they have been registered and then unregistered in the short past ( a few days I believe), unknown means they have not been on the network in a long time.
Along with a report that shows phones without lines as ethereal said, will give you an idea of what can go and what can stay.

There is no fast way to do this, or automate it without a third party product on some kind of management app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back