Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding unused extensions by its volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

dudecrush

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2007
US
I've got Call Manager 9.1. I'm running out of DID's, so I'm using RTMT in an attempt to find and remove unused extensions. Not having much luck in that. Does anyone know of a report I can run against all extensions in a location, that would provide me volume information for those extensions? It would seem like a simple thing, but I can't find any report that will do that.

Route Plan Report would help.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

I looked at that, but nothing in there is by volume. Did I not go far enough?

I'm not sure what you mean by "volume". RP Report will show you all your DN's. And show you what they are attached to, if they are attached to something. So unused DN's will not show being assigned to anything.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

Volume = Number of phone calls on a DN over a given amount of time.

Let me clarify my original question....

We have over 700 employees across 50 locations and 1000's of numbers in dozens of DID blocks and single number entries. An RP takes far too long to pick through. On top of that, a DN attached to a device - or even not attached - doesn't mean it's unused. Call volume on DN's is a better indicator on whether or not a DN is being used.

This type of management is old-school telecom, but it works very well. You don't want to waste your DID's, or soon you run out of them - and I'm very close to running out of them. To put it in terms of network administration, you wouldn't waste internal IP addresses by using class-full routing within your network - hence the value of subnetting.

And - I don't want to do this search on a number-by-number basis, I want to search volume on a DN range. I don't see RP's or Unified Servicability reports that can pull off that stunt.....but then again I'm green when it comes to Cisco administration. For now, I want to think it's my own inexperience that is the hindrance.

In RP Report, if it doesnt show, its not in the system. But it sounds like you almost looking more for a CDR report, which while Cisco does have a built in tool, you probably would want a third party tool to do what you want.

You also have to remember, just because you could do it on a TDM system, does not mean Cisco has it.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
TVOICE
CAPPS

I believe you can actually do this on Prime Collaboration Provisioning. It's a free download and standard is free as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back