Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FINDING THE SOLUTIONS BEFORE SENDING TO THE PRINTER

Status
Not open for further replies.

11design

Technical User
May 27, 2005
US
Hi,

When I save a file in pdf (usually Illustrator) I always open the same file in Acrobat to take a look and basically looks fine. Sometimes when comes from the printer a receive the bad news. Something went wrong and then I have to figure out from where the problems were originated. Is there any tool that I can use before sending to the printer? Maybe some guides to follow or maybe a book that I can find all kinds of troubles related to printing??

Sometimes when I apply a shadow the artwork comes with a white square or rectangle instead of the shadow. Other ones, when I clip two objects the object that is behind prints on the places that are not covered by the front object. Others, the colors that I have chosen don't come out and appears pure white. I don't remember all of them but certainly I would never have the printer they graphics usually have and I think must be a better way for me to work on the files and not be stressed waiting for the results.

Thanks,

It sounds like a possible transparency issue.

Are your PDFs fine before you send them off to the printer?

What is the printer sending back to you to look at is a PDF or are they sending you a proof?

info@prepress-online.com

"Tell'em we're comin', and hell's comin' with us.

On the screen they look fine exactly the way I want. Believe me or not, the printer send us actually the final work. We are a non-profit organization and their job for us is free. What upsets me is that they even don't try to look for the mistakes but at the end the message I want to give with the artwork doesn't approach the way I want because of those issues. I told my boss he'd have to ask them to verify because one day we can refer them to someone else but he does nothing. Since I care about my final work and portfolio I am trying to do it by myself the best way I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back