Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

finding the references menu item in the toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

rewdee

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
I had to bombard you guys with questions but where I live (Northern Canada) there just isn't that many resources other than thru the net (plus, you guys are doing such a great job with your resonses).

I have a mdb file that has gone corrupt. The error message reads "automation error". I want to check the references in the code module but the toolbars have all been taken out. I've tried right clicking, selecting commands and try to redefine the toolbar. I can find the "tools" option but the drop down list includes "ActiveX" etc. but no "references" option. Where is the References option if I guy wanted to remake the toolbar to find it.

Thanks,
Rewdee

On VBA window:
<Menu bar>;<Tools>;<References>

Aivars
P.S. You need to stop all running programs before you'll try to open References window.

Thanks Aivars for the reply.

I tried putting the <Tools> back on the menu bar and then look for the references menu item but the <Tools> just list these three items.

ActiveX Controls
Add-ins->
Options...

Were the heck did the references go???

Rewdee

Excuse me for butting in, but Rewdee, it sounds like you're looking on the main Access application menu bar, not the Visual Basic environment menu bar.

Open Visual Basic environment using Tools/Macro/Visual Basic Editor (Alt+F11). Then look on the &quot;Tools&quot; menu in the Visual Basic environment for &quot;References...&quot; :)

Speaking of corrupted MDB files, in Access 2000 I recently had a strange problem where the Debug/Compile ProjectName option would not get disabled no matter how many times I tried to recompile. There were no compile errors, so it looked like the code compiled successfully, but the compile button state would not change to disabled. To fix this problem, I had to go back to a backup of the MDB before the problem occured, copy it, remove all code modules and forms, then import the code modules and forms from the newer, corrupted version. After doing this, I the compile button was disabled successfully after recompiling. B-)

On the last note on not compiling, I think you could have tried repair/compact and the it would have recompiled. have seen this in Access 97.

Svet Dimov

Svet, I tried repair/compact on the corrupted Access 2000 MDB in question and it did not work.

(Compile button enabled, click does not produce compile errors, button does not become disabled after click, indicating project still not compiled.)

Kade Larsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back