Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding TableAdapters

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsm1993

Programmer
Sep 18, 2008
US
The company I work for would like me to create a simple page on our website. They do not want to involve the consultants that developed the website. I am not a web developer, but I am pretty good at taking pages that already exist and modifying for my purposes. I have found a page that works and it calls a TableAdapter. I can locate the stored procedures that get the data and I can modify the page, but I am hitting a brick wall when it comes to the data access layer between the two. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is there a specific file type or location I should be looking for? I found an xml file that list each adpater, but does not seem to define them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

it's not about a specific file or location. it's about objects. You can use Ado.Net objects to access the database. there may be another data access layer on top of Ado.Net the consultants used.

at it's core you have
IDbConnection
IDbCommand
IDbParameter
IDbTransaction
IDbDataReader

there are a number of examples online about working with Ado.Net. I even have an FAQ on the subject. You can find the link in my signature below.

Jason Meckley
Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back