Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

finding old WP fonts + installing in WP_X3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NedraE

Technical User
Apr 19, 2009
US
I upgraded to WP X3 and when installed, still had all my old fonts from WP9 or 10 (my prior install).

Then my hard drive crashed, but I -DID- have all files backed up to a backup USB drive.

When I installed WP on new computer, I didn't find my old version of WP9, so I only installed X3 and NOW I do not have my old WP9 fonts many of which are already IN dozens of documents, and NOT in X3.

1) How can I find my old WP9 fonts (like ArnoldD Boe + Times Script and a dozen other lost fonts)? I did find the free online TTF files, but they do NOT include ArnoldD Boe, my Freehand 421 or 471, Times Script, etc.

2) A prior post here in 2002 stated you can install new TTF files into Windows/Fonts and Corel WP will pick them up and use them. WELL... I did that... I installed a font at the beginning of the alphabet and rebooted WP. WP does NOT see this new font in the Windows/Fonts directory! Is there something additional I need to do???

So my problem is 2-prong. I need to find my old WP9 fonts and I need to know where to put them so WP_X3 will SEE and USE them.

helllllllllllllllllllp please

In case it matters:
o/s = Vista

It did matter that the operating system is Vista.
I found my answer after more searching.

I found that my Word Perfect X3 on Windows XP used fonts from the Windows\fonts subdirectory.

I looked at them and the names were a match to the fonts I used.

I copied the fonts to a USB thumb drive and copied them to a download directory for fonts. I copied 5 with distinctive names to \windows\fonts and Word Perfect still did not see them. Then I went to windows help and found out that, before Windows can see or use new fonts, you must INSTALL them. So I did this, and they were immediately visible to Word Perfect.

This fix takes quite a while, so I'm going to backup the fonts file in Vista as I ONLY added to it the fonts I installed in WP9.

I also found free fonts online, and will see from time to time if there are others I wish to add to my collection.

Noone else answered my question, but in case someone else has this question, I figured I should put my answer here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back