Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding linked files that are relocated to drive D:

Status
Not open for further replies.

smeyer52

Technical User
Mar 11, 2001
US
My fairly simple image database table contains one OLE field of links to image files and other fields that index these images. The jpg images are not stored in the table, just links to them are stored in the table. The actual image files were originally on drive C:, but space constraints forced me to move them to drive D:. Now the user's search form cannot find the files, because the links are set to drive C: (that is the links in the table are named C:/filename.jpg).

I am a novice. Is there perhaps code I can place in the click event that will find the files on whichever drive I choose to locate them? Is there another method?

Thanks. Steve

Hi

You could do an Update query

UPDATE yourtablename SET yourlinkfield = "D:" & mid([yourlinkfield],2) WHERE Left(yourlinkfield = "C:");

you need to use your own table anme and column name of course in place of my "your..." values

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back