Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

nareshreporter

Programmer
Mar 3, 2005
US
Hi,
I am trying to retrieve index of a selected item in a dropdownlist (default values) in CSP. I tried using FindIndexOf, but didnt work. Basicaly I have a dropdownlist that has default values. When the user selects any item from the DDL it displays that item in a listbox, which is current values. Now i want to get the index of the item that user selected in default values ie., from DDL. can anyone tell me how to get index. I appreciate your time.

Thanks in advance

I don't think this is a csp question, per se, but html. You are presumably doing something like this:
Code:
<select name='menu'>
<option value='val1'>A
<option value='val2'>B
<option value='val3'>C
This will display a droplist with the choices A, B, and C. After the user makes a choice, the form field 'menu' will hav the value associated with the choice: For A, 'val1'; for B, 'val2'; for C, 'val3'. I am not aware of a way to find the index of 'val1', 'val2', 'val3', unless they were stored independently in an array. But I could just be ignorant. You may want to take the question to an html forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back