Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding Forms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glenn9999

Programmer
Jun 19, 2004
US
I use FindWindow to enumerate all the forms on a page, along with GetParent and IsWindowVisible to try and find all the visible windows on the system.

But there are a couple of programs I have (namely Winamp and PowerDVD) that this routine does not find. Is there something I'm missing in using FindWindow, or is there something else I need to do to find these windows and identify them as something I can see on the desktop?

Measurement is not management.

Hi Glenn,

using Spy++ with winamp open, I can see there are multiple winamp windows on the desktop like "Winamp Library", "Winamp Video", ...
Findwindow should provide you with all windows.
Are you using the callback function (EnumWindows)?

here's an ms example:

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

Finding the window addresses themselves is not the issue.

The issue is that using GetParent and IsWindowVisible is not finding these windows for Winamp and PowerDVD. They can both be open and the forms for them staring at me, but the code doesn't recognize them as such.

I was asking if there was another reliable method I was missing to determine whether there is a visibly drawn form or not (though I just got an idea I'll try).

Measurement is not management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back