Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding Duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason246day

Programmer
Jul 9, 2003
US
I have having trouble running my duplicate finder query. The table I am running off, Orders, contains hundreds of thousands of rows. One of the colums in this table is Customer ID, which contains a company id that signifies which of our clients this order came from.

I am wanting to find duplicate social security numbers within one customer id. The problem I am running into is the the query finds the duplicates, then filters down to the proper customer id. When this happens, a customer that has placed an order with another company shows up as a duplicate, but it really isn't.

So what I am trying to accomplish is to filter down my table to show orders from only one customer ID, and then look for the duplicated SSN's.

If you run the Find Duplicates query wizard you can select both fields and it will give you the list you want.

I've already tried that. It finds the duplicates on the whole table, then filters. I am wanting to filter first, then find the duplicates.

Why not running the Find Duplicates query wizard against a filtered saved query ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back