Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding Date from Dbase

Status
Not open for further replies.

nipchop

Technical User
Jan 22, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have a intranet system and part of this system is meant to display a list of visitors due to arrive today - this data is stored in an Access database linked to the site. I have tried all possible SQL combinations but none appear to work. Can anyone help?

Nipchop

In ASP:

<% todaysdate= DATE %>

and then in the sql string

vSql=&quot;SELECT QryB1204.Date, QryB1204.[8h00] FROM QryB1204 WHERE (((QryB1204.Date)>='&quot; & todaysdate & &quot;'));&quot;

Hope it'll help...

Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

Cheers for that code it worked a treat although I had to replace the & with # - not too sure why.

I don't mean to be a pain but I am having another problem with inserting the date. I have a DB called Visitors and 5 Fields: -

Reference(AutoNumber)
Person(Text)
School(Text)
Contact(Text)
Date(Date)

I have setup a form so that this data can be entered and directed it to a second .asp. In this .asp I'm hoping to actually execute the insert. I have again being experimenting with different SQL but again none seems to work.

I have set up the DSN and the variables to take in the form information but the I think I dont get the syntax correct for the insert.

Hope u can help?!

nipchop

You should post your code so we can check it out.

;-)
Have Fun...

Sharky99 >:):O>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back