Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding applilcation integrator and map question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig000

Programmer
Jun 13, 2001
US
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to EDI and gentran. Our company had some work done by an outside firm. The set up gentran for us and we're trying to get control of the entire process. I looked for the map files but could only find the tpl files, leading me to beleive that we might not have the map files to change the mappings.

I was hoping we could create new map files to incorporate some changes in our outbound mappings we'd like to make. I've looked on the internet but could not find the way to bring up the application integration subsystem from gentran director. After looking at the documentation it seems that the subsystem is the way to modify or create maps.

So my questions:
1. How do I get into the application integration subsystem from gentran director (we're using version 5.4)?
2. I'm sure that the answer to this question is no but I'm grasping at straws: Is it possible to reverse engineer tpl files back to map files? I assume I'll either have to create new map files or possibly wrangle with the firm that set this up to get the one's we're using.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Fig000

Hello Fig000,
I work with Gentran Server for Windows so I guess it's not identical. Here's a page from the manual on the Sterling Commerce Customer Centre.

You can access the Gentran:Director Application Integration Window in one
of four different ways:
? Click the menu option from the Main Menu Bar.
? Click the appropriate button on the Main Toolbar.
? Click the appropriate part of the map.
? Click a map component with the right mouse button to access a shortcut
menu, which contains all the functions that are currently available for
that map component. The content of the shortcut menus varies,
depending on the type and level of the selected map component.
When you start Gentran:Director Application
Integration, the Main Menu Bar contains a subset of
menu items. A full set of menu items is displayed after
you create a new map or open (load) an existing map.

In Gentran Server for Windows the icon is the blue and green Planet Earth and is also available from Tools\Integrator\Application from the menu.

Hope this helps.

Hugh.

hCalder,

Thanks for answering. I found a Tools part of the menu. In that menu I found an "Integration" choice. Clicking this showed me two choices:
Application
Form

Both are greyed out which leads me to believe our software does not include the integration suite. Does this sound familiar?

Thanks,
Fig000

Hello Fig000,
Sorry but I've been working on a system migration and haven't visited the site for a while. It sounds like the option to install the Integratration Components was not selected during the install. Sounds like the company who set it up wanted to keep this part of development for themselves. I believe you would need to do do a re-install and select the Integratration Components for it to work. You ought to talk to Sterling Commerce about this first.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back