Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding an open form to run report from

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dibblet

Technical User
Jul 14, 2005
GB
Hello all,

I'm trying to open a report that is dependent on an [enquiry_id] field as to which record is displayed.
The report opens from two different forms.
The query running the report selects the [enquiry_id] corresponding to that displayed in the form.
I am unable to find a way to run the query from either form without having to duplicate the query and the report.

I have tried adding nz(forms!frm_main.[enquiry_id],Forms!frm_order.[enquiry_id]) to the criteria on the query but this presents me with a message box for "forms!frm_main.enquiry_id" before it opens the from the other form.

Could anyone offer me any advice please?

have report use the (single) query. It should be a parameter query with the parameter passed to the report as an OpenArg. Report can then dea; with the query / parameter. So some (re)search here (in Tek-Tips). Seems like shoud have several threads discussing details.

MichaelRed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back