Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Finding a Ticket, Project, and PO system - HELP please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalapeno

MIS
Nov 12, 2001
US
Hello, I REALLY appreciate some help with this. I am a senior member on an IT staff of 6. We have several sites across the world and 300 employees. We have no trouble ticket system, project management system, and our PO system fell through as well. We need to get these systems in gear.

I need help finding some software that preferably does all 3, is simple to use, and is cake to administer. I'd prefer open source, but if a system is good enough, we'll buy it.

This has been an ongoing problem for several years for us. We've tested many. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

BTW - Good ol Outlook, Excel, Access, or any of that won't work, we are BURIED under requests, emails, and projects! It's an absolute mess and nearly an emergency. PLEASE HELP AHHHH!

For trouble tickets, we have been using SysAid (IT staff 3/employees 100):

There is a free version and a paid version. Also has task and project management (we are not using those features at present).

here's another that i've looked into and been interested in, but my org went with something else that I don't like as much

FogBugz

HTH

Leslie

I can second Fogbugz - Very configurable, and really easy to set up and use.

Fee

"The cure for anything is salt water – sweat, tears, or the sea." Isak Dinesen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back