Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FindFirst Method Bookmark Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

iccpm

MIS
Apr 22, 2000
US
I administer an access db that I recently migrated to a SQL server back end, but are still using the access front end. I have a form that is used to apply payments to jobs- the form uses a query which looks at the primary table for the recordset. The form also includes a subform that looks at the related records in a table of payments. Since using the SQL back end with ODBC connection, this form behaves erratically. In use the FindFirst method as an 'after update' event on a text box which gets the sought after job number typed in (primary key on primary table). The form has been setting the correct record as the active record, but then in some cases failing to update the record, and under closer inspection it appears that the bookmark has been lost, and the form changes the active job. Has anyone seen this type of problem, and, if so, how do I fix it?!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back