Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

FindFirst and FindNext not working on removable disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kocky

Programmer
Oct 23, 2002
NL
Hello guys,

I have written a program that can retrieve jpeg pictures from a source(camera, disk) and export these to the hard-drive and then grouping the pictures in sub-folders using the EXIF information in the jpeg like "date taken" to get a nice organized bunch of pictures.

The problem I am facing now is that it is not able to retrieve pictures from a removable disk. I attached my Casio EX-Z1080 digital camera which shows up under XP as drive "F:\". I can also browse the disk using the Windows explorer.

In my program I use the procedures "FindFirst" and "FindNext" but the application generates an exception "I/O Error 103". On a non-removable disk everything works fine. Any ideas what could be the problem ? Has it something to do with FAT/NTFS ?
And what API should I use instead ?

I am using Delphi7 Enterpise on a Windows XP Media Center 2005 edition PC.

Thanks,

Pascal.

Forget it. I solved it.
I changed the project options. The "Optimization" checkbox was turned on and this was causing the problem. Turned it off and now it is working perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back