Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find Tab only allows to search current form field and not Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

mundia22

ISP
Apr 23, 2002
GB
Can any one outthere help, I am new to Access 2000, i have created a simple project, forms, tables, queries etc.. but when I view my form and click find, it only allows me to searches in fields on the current form and not the whole database...hmmm,

thanks in advance

Hallo,

Searching the entire database is a different kettle of fish to searching a record.

If you have the form based on the whole table, try using the toolbar filter buttons to do your searches.

- Frink

Are you really sure you want to search all of the tables in the database? Perhaps some refinement of the table structure and data entry will suffice.

But if you do, I think there will be 2 approaches (with their own inherent shortcomings) and I suspect you won't like either.

1) Write VBA code to loop through each table with subloops to scour relevant fields.

2) Union queries.

Cheers, Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back