Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find Record Combo Box Wizard Won't Show 3rd Choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

HenryE

IS-IT--Management
Apr 30, 2002
US
Hi All,

Pretty much everyone knows that a very good way to find a record in a form is to use the combo box wizard and use the third choice - "Find a record on my form based on the value I selected in my combo box" on an unbound control.

Anyone know why that 3rd choice sometimes doesn't appear?

In my case, I have an ADP with a form with a record source table that was heavily modified. I fixed up the form and it works fine, but when I create an unbound control combo box, the wizard's 3rd choice is missing. If I recreate the form exactly, and create the combo box in the new form, it works fine. But the two forms, as far as I can tell, are exactly the same. They both have the same table as the record source, they both have the exact same fields, they even look the same. The only difference, as far as I can tell, is that the combo box wizard in the first one has only two choices and in the second one has three choices. Anyone know why?

Thanks much.

Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back