Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find PID of Users Assigned Permissions in Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

swaggel1

Technical User
Jun 19, 2001
US
Is there a way to find the PIDs that are assigned to users when new users are created in conjunction with database security?

I have a list of the PIDs for almost all of the users, but there are a couple that I don't have the IDs for (and also for one group that was created).

I saw a previous post for this question, but it had no replies. Does anyone know? I would like to have all the PIDs, in the event that I would need to rebuild the workgroup file. Thanks!

I don't think it's possible in any legitimate manner.

If those users don't have *specific* permissions assigned to them, delete the users and re-add them, writing down the PID in the process.

I give all my users the same PID, so I don't have to remember anything, or write down a huge table of PID's. I can't think of a benefit of using different PID's for different users.

So again, if they don't own any database objects, and they don't have permissions assigned directly to their user permissions, then go ahead and delete/re-create their usernames. And write down the PID.

Thanks! I just assumed that each user should have a unique PID. I will delete/re-add the users without PIDs and begin using the same identifier for all users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back