Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

find IP address on SV 8100

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceRing

Vendor
Jan 13, 2012
US
How do I find the IP address on a telset on an SV8100??

To find ip of the system
Press “speaker” #*#*
Enter your password
Program 10-12-01 if you don’t have voip board
10-12-09 if you do.

If you’re looking for ip of the telset
“Hold” “transfer” *#
Enter password
Follow options on the screen

On SL1100 and SL2100 it is Menu 96.
On SV9100 it is Feature 6.
What is it on the SV 8100?

No, it is not. That is why I am asking the question.

If the system is on a network, you can try to ping sv8100. I have had some success using ping sl1100 in CMD line on the SL1100 system.

SV9100 and SL lines have program 10-62 NetBIOS setting that’s why it’s pingable by name (very convenient feature)
Sv8100 doesn’t have program 10-62

If you have a pc on the same network as sv8100
On telset press Feature 4 and write down MAC address
Open command prompt and type arp -a
You should get a table of IPs and MAC addresses.

Very interesting wirerun. Thanks, I will check it out.

Forgot to add, after you run arp -a first entry in the table will show IP of the gateway x.x.x.1
Run a command ping x.x.x.255 (replace x with values from your table)
Most likely you’ll get a response “request timed out”, that’s fine.
Run arp -a again

NiceRing,
If your IP phones are being handed DHCP addresses, then you can also open up WebPro and go to 15-01, and under the "ICM Extension" drop down menu, you'll see the extensions with the associated IP address next to them. If you don't have access to WebPro, and assuming you have a display phone you can simply go to the phone and hold down the "Help" button (About 2 seconds) Press 2 (for System Information) then press 1 (for Network Settings) press the down softkey to get to IP Address (DHCP) and there it is. (Again, assuming your IP phones are up and operational) Enjoy!

Thanks,
-Iron

It didn't work. Does this have to be done from a certain phone? The Help button method?

Hi NiceRing,
Does the phone even come up? As in, can you use it to make calls, call internally to other extensions, etc.?

Thanks,
-Iron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back