Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find extension DN's affilliated with a certain mailbox. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigmo36

Technical User
Oct 19, 2009
US
Greetings Folks! With CallPilot Manager release 05.00.41.41, how can I find what extension DN's are affilliated with, say mailbox 9999. How can I look that up?

Thanks very much for any perusal! :+)

zigmo36

Start by looking in the DN table in the mailbox itself.
Search for mailbox, open it up, scroll down the page to the DN section.

Do a Mbox search then open the mail box config page, scroll down to the dn field. You should see all DN's associated for that MBox. You can do an open search to list all MBoxes by leaving the search field blank. This is for the 201i's or bigger voice mail systems.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

I checked the mailbox itself, he only has his own number in the extension DN table, but the mailbox owner is still getting a Message waiting light even though he has no voicemail (on a Nortel M2008 basic digital phone). Thanks very much for your replies!

zigmo36

If you do an advanced search you could plug his extension in and search by the field MWI DN from the drop down box.

Do a search by message waiting indicator dn. Use the drop down arrow with advanced search. It appears that a MBox has his set listed for the Msg Waiting light assignment even though he doesn't have one.

If its not working, get a bigger hammer!

Avaya/Nortel/NEC/Asterisk/Access Control/CCTV/DSX/Acti/UCx

If no mailbox has the extension listed in the MWI DN field, try changing the phone to a new TN. I have seen a failing TN cause MWI oddities a few times in the past.

I did the advanced search for MWI and extension DN's, only came up with the primary voicemail account, same as the extension. Then I switched out the TN with another TN on another digital line card, then emailed the user of the change, asking him to let me know if the problem persists, or if he notices any other changes. I'll follow up as soon as new developments, you know, develop. :+)Thanks for all your help, Folks!

zigmo36

Are there other DN's on the upper keys? Those could also be MWI DN's in CallPilot.

Do you have an old voice mail system still in place that may be sending out the DN from an old message, or a connection to another PBX that may have the same DN configured?

StanleySteamer suggested the solution that turned out to be the epiphany! I looked at the programming for the TN, and found an old extension on the 01 key that didn't occur anywhere else. It had a voicemail account that could only light up the MWI lamp on the phone in question, so that was it! God bless you, StanleySteamer! :+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back