Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

find command appears to be looping on a cifs share. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2002
US
Has anyone experienced and issue where you use a find command on a cifs share directory/folder and the output appears to start looping before it finishes?

I'm trying to perform a

find /journals/domain_bak -print

The results start scrolling but after a while it appears the files start displaying from the beginning again, scroll to a certain point and then restart again. The command then needs to be cancelled.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. This is on AIX 6.1 TL6

Take a look at APAR IZ94016: SMB_FS DOES NOT DETERMINE END OF DIRECTORY LISTING AND LOOPS APPLIES TO AIX 6100-04:

You should update to AIX 6.1 TL4 SP9, in order to update bos.cifs_fs.rte to 6.1.4.4.

The same problem exists in AIX 6.1 TL5 and TL6. In these cases you must update to TL5 SP5 or TL6 SP5.

Thank you for your response. I've applied but now I need to wait for an opportunity to reboot the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back