Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Find call foward

Status
Not open for further replies.

puttwill

Vendor
Aug 19, 2012
US
We recently added a new line card to a Nortel system we manage. One of the new numbers we added will ring 4 times on the phone it is suppose to, but then gets forwarded to the intercom button of a completely differnt phone. When you answer it, it says "Transfer from 15." The CO line of the number is 15. The other 2 numbers we added to this card works fine, so we are thinking it's some long ago put in place forward we can't find. We checked the capableities of the the set the line is set on but there is no call forward no answer put in place. I don't think this is the problem though as other numbers ring there and don't get forwarded. To solve this problem for now, we are moving the number to CO 16 but we would like to solve the problem if the cusomter ever wants to add another line.

Here is some more info. The problem also happens on CO 16 and my tech onsite figured out that if you change the line's prime set, it changes what set the call forwards to on that set's intercom.

The Prime Set is where the call ends up based on the DRT setting which is system wide.
Did you do a line copy from 14 to 15 and 16? this may help as well trying to make the lines Private then back to Public to wipe out any set programming with those 2 lines.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

If you don't want it to DRT just change the PRIME DN to NONE.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I've never played with the DRT, so forgive my ignorance. I talked to my tech who was on site and he said the DRT to Prime did not have an option for off. There was only i/c and ablity to put in an extenstion. In the prime set, there was only option to put in extension, no ablity to set to none. Is there something we are missing? thanks.

The resolotion for this BTW is under call handling, we send DRT to Prime to none. We tried every button to clear Prime set under the set's line access. You could only change it from i/c to an exention. Nothing we tried set it to none. Thanks for the help.

You will see CLR on the screen when programming Prime.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back